Thursday, January 25, 2018

Love and Pain

Hold me
I'm letting go
I'm shutting down
I'm giving up
My heart for a stone
The fear of loss
The hardwired
Mixture of love and pain
Deep in my brain
Sends me running
Running away
Hold me
I'm fading

Love
Opens me up
It feels too raw
Too exposed
Love
I'm not feeling you
For when I do
I feel all the pain
All the wreckage
All the nights
Alone
All the times I called your name
And no one came
Love
You monster
You tease me
You make me believe I can't trust
I was taught love
Looked like absence. 

So when I start to feel
Something deep
Something real
Something so intimate
It consumes my heart
In shades of adoration
And absolute affection
I start to feel the familiar fear
Tagging along
And I shut it down
I turn off the feelings
I bury them in the ground
Hide them away
To keep them safe
From hurting me

So hold me
Don't let me go
Don't let me run away
From the pain
Hold me down
Hold me still
Hold me tight
Hold me close
Make me feel
All of it
As intense as it comes
Till I think I'm consumed
Let the pain fill my lungs
And I'm breathing the fear
In and out
In and out
Breathe it all out
Till there's nothing left inside

But the love

10/31/17

No comments: