In hindsight I find myself backed against a wall. The solid structure forcing me to stay within perameters of belief, behaviors once seen as wrong, now opening the floodgates to experience. That wall you tried to build around me crumbles to the ground. It shook in the earthquake of questions, too many cracks, too many holes, it was never really made of stone, all along a facade. Just like all your threats and promises, those were never truth or reality, but a mirage, stringing me along.
I wake to find that my core self is strong. Standing on this blue dot, alone, but unafraid. Pushing past the limits of time and space, what matters most, they say, is not just to be heard, but to be understood. The myriad human experiences in one long chain, generations perpetuate hate and anger and pain. Do we continue to evolve, one lifetime at a time, though one person's born, then dies - can this life of mine, help push my race forward so that eventually, my great grandkids will live without fear, without borders, without guns, without violence, without divide? Can humans really learn to love? Can we make space for everyone? Someday I'll die, my life is done, I'll never see what becomes of all of us. And yet... I still hold hope in humanity. Hope that one day we'll be free from the tyranny of lies. Lies that keep us separate, disconnected, afraid to love. And once we're free, we'll see, that all of us on this planet we call home, the Earth and all its creatures, are really one.
10/15/17

No comments:
Post a Comment