The sun filters in
To the corners of my heart
I am washed new
In its loving light
Every breath that I take in
Brings to me new life
It fills my soul bubbling or’
With wondrous delight
Vibrant as the breeze
I want to drink it in
To dance on every dew drop
And sing the earth’s sweet strain
Dickinson once wrote the poem,
“Inebriate of air I breathe…”
Only now do I know
To the corners of my heart
I am washed new
In its loving light
Every breath that I take in
Brings to me new life
It fills my soul bubbling or’
With wondrous delight
Vibrant as the breeze
I want to drink it in
To dance on every dew drop
And sing the earth’s sweet strain
Dickinson once wrote the poem,
“Inebriate of air I breathe…”
Only now do I know
Exactly what she means!

No comments:
Post a Comment