You came into a worldOf darkness
Looking for it’s light
If you could only see
My child
Instead you brought it
With you, shining
In your eyes
You came into a world
Of coldness
Asking to be loved
But in return it turned on you
Abandoned you
To cry alone
So many times
Have I tried to keep you safe,
To take away your pain
But now they’ve torn you
From my life
How can I protect
My little child
Looking in from the outside
With no way to reach you
I beat upon the door and
Cry and beg
To bring you home…
The only place
Where you feel safe
Is here in loving arms
Here you can laugh
And dance and play
You love to smile, take walks outside
And pray
Here you’re nurtured,
Held and always listened to
All my life would I give
If I could only raise you
My little Codey Ray
My angel full of love
How my whole heart cries
And breaks
Yet powerless am I to change
Your beginning life
A million times I ask God why
Why he didn’t make you
Mine
I am the one who loves you
To take away your pain
But now they’ve torn you
From my life
How can I protect
My little child
Looking in from the outside
With no way to reach you
I beat upon the door and
Cry and beg
To bring you home…
The only place
Where you feel safe
Is here in loving arms
Here you can laugh
And dance and play
You love to smile, take walks outside
And pray
Here you’re nurtured,
Held and always listened to
All my life would I give
If I could only raise you
My little Codey Ray
My angel full of love
How my whole heart cries
And breaks
Yet powerless am I to change
Your beginning life
A million times I ask God why
Why he didn’t make you
Mine
I am the one who loves you

No comments:
Post a Comment