Friday, July 21, 2017

When God Is Silent

I called to you 
A thousand times 
I sought you out 
From the depths of my soul 
A yearning to connect 
To know and be known 
I wanted your love 
To feel your peace 
To hear you whisper 
Inside of me 
I sensed you near 
Your everlasting presence 

There's more to me 
I'm eternal too 
There's more to life 
Than what I can see 
There's more out there 
In the stars 
There's more 
I believed 

Until you fell silent. 
More than silent 
Just gone. 

I called to you
A thousand times more 
I sought you out from the
Depths of my soul 
I yearned for you 
I listened 
I cried 
This void inside me 
Is all I can find 
I ached in my bones 
My heart losing hope 
There is no voice 
There is no more 
Than the thoughts in my head 
The beliefs are all dead 
You're not just distant 
You're non existent 
I
Am all alone. 

There's more to me. 
I'm human too
Is there more to life? 
What if there's not? 
What if this earth 
Is all we've got,
Wouldn't that change 
You too? 

Yet instead of despair 
I'm immersed in deep love 
This earth is my home 
And I'm thankful. 
This life is mine 
And I'm honoring it 
My purpose is clear 
And meaningful 
The experience I can claim: 
Human love and connection
As the greatest, 
Most beautiful 

No comments: