Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Dreams

Rarely in my waking thoughts
You somehow show up in my dreams
Consistently I see you
While I sleep

Your presence there
A sign?
A signal from my inner mind 
To dive deep within myself

What do you represent?
A piece of me left unresolved
A hidden meaning
I cannot make out

As beautiful as my life is
What is this longing for you?
The pain still there
Yet softened, subdued

Dive into the depths of me
Until your reach my innermost heart
Split it open, for there inside
My love for you- alive

But what can it do?
Sometimes retreating further back
Sometimes escaping, bubbling up
To the surface, unexpected

Most times, it sits
And waits
Though unsure
What it's waiting for

It feeds on memories
Old and faded
Broken pieces
Of the past

Knowing full well
These memories are not
Reflecting reality
The present- here and now

So yet I dream
For dreams are safe
We speak, but then we separate
Perhaps I see you, far away
But never can I reach you

No comments: